WELCOME TO FLOORVIBE 3.1
FLOORVIBE is a Windows-based expert system knowledge base developed by Tom Murray, first author of the AISC Design Guide 11 Vibrations of Steel-Framed Structural Systems due to Human Activity and the Steel Joist Institute Technical Digest No. 5 Vibration Analysis of Steel Joist Concrete Floor Systems. FLOORVIBE is like having a floor vibration expert at your desk.
FLOORVIBE uses the criteria in the AISC Design Guide 11 2nd Edition and SJI Technical Digest no. 5. Evaluations can be made for:
- Walking in offices, residences, churches, schools, and shopping malls.
- Walking on Footbridges
- Individual and Group descents on Linear Stairs.
- Activities like dancing, lively concerts, and aerobics together with adjacent occupancies such as offices, residences and dining.
- The effects of floor motion on sensitive equipment, for instance, microscopes, and operating room instruments and sensitive occupancies, for example hospital rooms.
FLOORVIBE does the calculations, and provides online expert advice:
- What live loads to use.
- How to estimate damping.
- What are the suggested acceleration limits for activities and occupancies.
- How to estimate other parameters needed for evaluation.
FLOORVIBE supports US Customary and SI Units.
FLOORVIBE has databases for
- Hot-rolled sections
- K-series joists
- Castellated and Cellular (Smart) Beams
- Australian Sections
And calculation procedures for
- LH- and DLH-Series Joists
- CJ – Composite Joists
- SI Units Joists
- User Defined Sections
- User Defined Chord Properties
FLOORVIBE has images for the selection of supported member connections.
FLOORVIBE produces a complete design report including graphical output. All calculations are available for ease in checking.
FLOORVIBE automatically generates NOTES and WARNINGS. NOTES provide explanations for a result if it may not be obvious to the user, or suggests modifications that the user may consider. WARNINGS are used to alert the user to conditions that may require further consideration.
What will FLOORVIBE do for you?
FLOORVIBE will reduce the learning time for the methods in the AISC Design Guide 11 Vibrations of Steel-Framed Structural Systems due to Human Activity and the SJI Technical Digest No. 5 Vibration Analysis of Steel Joist Concrete Floor Systems. The DG11 and TD5 criteria are complex. Why not let FLOORVIBE help you learn their use?
FLOORVIBE will help you develop more economical, but acceptable floors.
FLOORVIBE does much more than other vibration analysis software.
FLOORVIBE helps you analyze floors using the latest research results. No other software has this capability.